Harpur Hill - Papacy Sector
1. Angleterre (5) rib and shallow groove. Very pleasant climbing
2. This England (7a+) very technical wall and vague arete.
Valley Sunday E1 5b pleasant crackline to the right, hard to enter.
(7a) unusual, gritstone-style arete. Technical and balancy. Rebolted.
E3 5c fine, snaking thin crack to BB of last route.
Strangled at Birth (6c) * very technical and blackened face, 5BRs.
3. Sincerely Yours (6b) * very pleasant face climbing with an easy start and tricky central section. Rebolted.
4. I'm in the Sin Bin (5+) * another good addition taking thin cracks and a shallow groove to finish. Rebolted.
5. Sin City E1 5b tackles a groove to the right, odd loose holds direct to the first break, then continues direct via a washed groove and steep finishing crack.
Seven Deadly Sins HVS 5a ** classic trad. line well worth seeking out.
Seas (6a) ** another varied line on excellent rock. Fine finish. Rebolted.
8. Avarice Allsorts (6c+) * excellent climbing via the stepped roofs and blunt left arete of the water-worn scoop. Rebolted.
Ask Mr. T. for Tea (6c+) * direct up face with hard moves to join Rocky Variations.
Finish by stepping left and climbing left side of runnel.
9. Rocky Variations (6b) ** fine climbing via the left edge of a large scoop and the right arete of the water-worn scoop. Rebolted.
Apollo Creed (6b) ** more superb face climbing via a direct line to the right
of Rocky Variations Rebolted.
11. The Seven Deadly Virtues E1 5b * an excellent climb taking a wandering line across the face.
Luddite Though Police E3 6a direct finish to 'Virtues' via thin crack.
Servitude E2 5b * takes the thin crack just to its right, then the left-hand
side of the obvious arete and the face above.
Full Frontal (6c) ** a very worthwhile pitch taking the front face of the
slim white pillar and the excellent face above. 6c+ direct.
El Camino Real E1 5b * the obvious crack and groove line finishing on the
left via the BRs of Full Frontal or the crackline to its right.
Power of Soul (7b) ** a brilliant route via the faint crackline to the right.
Difficulties are centred around the third BR. Rebolted.
Normale (6a) wall and thin crackline to right. Finish leftwards to BB. Rebolted.
18. The Last Straw (6b) pillar/wall with thin cracks and steep start.
19. Figure of Law (7a) * pillar up and to right of last route, 4BRs. Superb climbing.
20. I am the Law (6b+) * thin cracks to the right with a trying start.
|Approaches and Access|
|Dark Side Left-Hand|
|Dark Side Right-Hand|
|The Lower Tier|
|Peak Area Index|