Harpur Hill - Long Wall
This is the prominent blackened wall directly facing the turquoise pool. It provides a number of very pleasant slabby face climbs with generally excellent rock which, with traffic, will prove very popular
1. Doh (6b) * short technical lower wall above 'Homer block' leads slightly leftwards to easier encrusted upper face.
2. Belonging (5+) pleasant face with good climbing
3. So Long, Farewell (6a) slightly harder direct and starting just right of a crack.
4. The Long Walk (6b) * difficult lower bulge to pleasant face above, always interesting to the top.
5. Long Time No See (6a) * starts via a crack and give pleasant slabby face climbing above.
6. Longevity (6a) * the blank-looking face to the left gives a myriad of holds and a tough pull over the overlap at the start.
7. Tooooo Long (6a) * good face climbing starting via the crack right of the block.
8. Long Walk off a Short Pier (6a+) * starts via the prominent block and trends leftwards to a finial difficult flourish on the headwall.
9. Flexor Hallucis Longus (6a) the arete to the left finishing via a final bulge
10. Addit Pillar (6a+) the thin pillar face on the walls to the left after a dusty start.
11. Addit enough (5+) begins just right of the addit cave. Easy at first with one tricky move at the top.
12. You've Addit (6a) * from just left of the addit cave, twin thin cracks and an easier headwall.
13. Addit and Scarper (6a+) * the cracks just to the left lead to a technical headwall.
14. The Pillar Walk (5+) the pillar crack via a two-thirds height ledge.
15. The Pillar Talk (6a+) * a fine wall taken direct on the line of bolts. Tricky finale direct.
16. Easy on the Gas (5) easier to the left with on awkward move at the top.
17. Regulo Mark 6 (6b) the finale route with tricky moves about both the first and second ledges.
This is the wall left of the main section with a sleeper sticking out from its top.
18. Sleep On It (6b) * slim wall on the right with a tricky start and central section
19. My Bed's Downstairs (6a) the pleasant face left of centre
20 Sleeping Sickness (6a) slim groove and short wall on left
|Approaches and Access|
|Dark Side Left-Hand|
|Dark Side Right-Hand|
|The Lower Tier|
|Peak Area Index|