Harpur Hill - Exclusive Sector
1. Danny Cool (5) slim rib with short pleasant and technical moves.
2. Cool Danny (6b+) enjoyable face climbing after a tricky start over the overlap. Slightly up the banking. Rebolted.
3. Screaming Wheels (6b+) * the rounded arete of the buttress, direct past the BRs at the start.
4. Swain's World (6b) * Fine exposed climbing just right of the arete of the buttress. Steep but juggy. Rebolted.
5. No Man' Land (6c) * branches left out of Exclusion Zone to climb the face via a thin crack. Airy.
6. Exclusion Zone (6b+) * the centre of the fine face with a pumpy finale. Tricky first clip. Rebolted.
7. The Iron Curtain (6b) * Fine line via rib and shallow groove culminating in steep finale.
8. Mouse Hunt (6c) * Fine lower wall leads to an open and superb finish. Retrobolted
9. Slowly, Slowly Catch a Monkey (6a+) * groove follow by thin crack and protruding pillar. Very good.
10. Thing Thang (7a) * left-hand of two short routes up the hillside. Worthwhile. Rebolted.
11. Thang Thing (7a) right-hand line. Keep to face as closely as possible for the grade.
12. Slab de Lune (6a) pleasant intricate slab returning to moss, unfortunately. Rebolted.
Master of a lune (6b) slim face to right proves worthwhile.
13. Sack of Stones (6a+) * left-hand of two excellent slabby face routes. Direct on line for grade. Rebolted.
14. Bag of Bones (6a+) ** a little gem via a blunt rib left of a prominent block.
15. Plate of Scones (6b+) * a surprising find with a trying crux from the ledge. Easier above. Rebolted.
16. Sara Laughs (6b) * more pleasant intricate face climbing above ledges.
17. Tenth Heaven (6b) * pleasant technical face leading to easy flake crack.
18. Calci Mauve (6b+) ** excellent climbing via a pillar, technical rib and superb upper wall. High quality. Rebolted.
19. Glas Double (7a) * right-hand variant with some superb thin moves.
20. Flakey Pastry HVS 5a * the fine flake corner crack system to a lower off. Well worth seeking out.
Over the Hill (6c) ** finger
crack, bulge and very fine headwall.
22. Nostalgia E4 6a ** superb trad. route via sinuous thin crack. New belay added.
23. The Omen (6b) ** long crack and grooveline to right gives a fine outing. Rebolted.
24. Yogi Bare (7a) * black face, technical, and fine finish left of BRs. Rebolted.
|Approaches and Access|
|Dark Side Left-Hand|
|Dark Side Right-Hand|
|The Lower Tier|
|Peak Area Index|