1. Crab Stick (6c) * Just right of arete of wall. Sustained climbing finishing rightwards from the fifth BR.
2. Lobster on the Loose (7a) * Tricky mantelshelf start. Wall to difficult ramp and steep finish. REBOLTED
3. Rapture of the Deep (7a) ** Through overlap and technical wall to left side of slab. Slim sustained groove exiting right to belay.
4. Subterranean Sidewalk (6c+) ** Short arete to start then wall to right-hand side of slab. Vague arete to belay. Airy climbing, sustained but with the crux by the second BR.
5. Dead Man's Fingers (6c+) ** Slightly down slope. Superb sustained climbing. New finale added through bulges on right to give an airy finish.
6. The Ancient Mariner (7a) *** Climbs to the top of the wall. A superb route with hard moves at half-height and an 'out there' finish. 70m rope gets you back to the ground.
7. Shipperdy Doo-Dah (7a) * Climbs straight with hard moves over overlap and difficult finale.
8. The Deep (6c+) * Lower down again. From ledges at 5m climb direct to the via half-height slab BB. 60m rope required.
9. I Saw Three Ships (6c+) ** Fine direct pitch to two-thirds height belay. Excellent sustained climbing. 60m rope gets you back down.
10. Ship Dip (6c+) ** Direct line with tricky lower wall aiming for shallow groove high up. Superb. 60m rope gets you back down.
11. Mussel Bound (7a) *** At bottom of slop, left of main corner. Left-hand of two grooves then direct line up impending wall. Brilliant and high in grade. 60m rope gets you back down.
12. Long John Codling (7a) ** Right-hand of two grooves then wall above. Difficult moves, then leftwards and up to belay. Retrobolted
13. Dead Man's Chest (7a) ** superb diagonal of wall requiring 18 quick-draws and an 80. Superb climbing but best done on a quiet day.
Clematis (6b+) the long corner line has now been bolted. Needs some traffic. Retrobolted
Poison Ivy (7a) ** the slim side wall right of the corner gives a superb wall pitch with the difficulties just above the 4th BR. Retrobolted and new belay added.
The Day of the Triffids (6b+) * the right arete of the wall, mainly on its left-hand side.
Please Note: a bird restriction exists on this wall and runs from 1st March until 30th June. Also no climbing to the right of the arete of Clematis.
|Grid Iron Walls|