The final section of the Main Crag, save for the Terrace, lying at a slightly higher level around to the left, presents quite an imposing profile and is the first section of crag to receive any sunshine in the afternoon. This buttress also offers some of the longest routes on the entire escarpment along with one of its most memorable 7as and the crags best 6b. A long walk maybe but very worthwhile.
1. Wye don't you Just... (6c) ** front face via crack system with excellent upper wall incorporating sections of Barabaracue
2. Wyere Less (6b+) ** the name is a long story. Fine climbing, exposed finale. To be recleaned and rebolted. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
3. Wye Not (6b+) ** not why not for there is no reason why you should not do this. Again very varied. It begins in an open scoop and climbs the wall above exiting right then left to exit. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
4. Wye Me (7a) ** superb sustained climbing on the upper wall but with the crux of the route next to the first BR. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
5. Wye Should I? (7a) * Climbs the lower wall via a faint groove and finishes up the centre of the barrel-shaped buttress. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
Wye Bother (7b) * takes the side wall of the corner utilising the start of If So, Wye. Intense
6. If So, Wye (6c)** Indeed. The upper corner gained via a slim lower groove on the lower wall. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
7. All Ten Mill (7a+) * sustained climbing on the upper wall to the left of the corner. The lower wall is straightforward. Recleaned and rebolted.
8. Save Your Kisses For Me (7a+) ** superb varied climbing on the headwall again with an easier lower wall. Recleaned and rebolted.
9. Kiss of Death (6b+)* used to be but not now. A struggle into the upper groove but excellent throughout. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
10. Goodbye Kiss (6c+) * quite fingery on the buttress to the left. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
11. Perfect Kiss (6b)** a superb trad pitch up the angled crackline above the terrace. Recleaned and rebolted. New belay added.
12. Faithful Couple E3 5c * again worthwhile. Gain it from Perfect Kiss or maybe more appropriate from the Terrace. To be recleaned
|Ban Y Gor|
|Ban Y Gor Access|
|Ban Y Gor Layout|
|Main Crag Layout|
|Nine Lives Sector|
|S Wales Limestone|
|S Wales Sandstone|
|Main Index Page|