variety and continuity of climbs this area has to lay claim to being the best
on the whole crag. Most of the routes have some or all fixed gear with a mixture
of climbing including roofs, walls, grooves and cracks. The area has a generally
flat base and should become very popular for those operating in the E4 range.
1. On the Game E5 6b prominent large groove system. Easy low down, hard and bold off the ledge, then easy again. PR
2. Pet cemetery (7a) ** the first of the roof routes and a classic. Hard off ledge, then jug hauling through the roof stack. REBOLTED AND RECLEANED.
Aerial Combat (7b+) ** appropriately named. Superb gymnastics through the
centre of the roof above the terrace. REBOLTED AND CLEANED.
4. 96 Tiers (7b) ** technical and sustained hanging shallow groove in the upper wall. The lower wall is straightforward. REBOLTED AND CLEANED.
5. A Gathering of Old Men (7a+) * easy flake then very technical headwall via pinches and undercuts. REBOLTED AND CLEANED.
6. Youre My Comic Strip Hero E2 5c easy flake then harder-than-it-looks groove, PR.
7. Lets Celebrate (7a+) ** front face of pillar then headwall right of groove. Again great moves above terrace. REBOLTED AND CLEANED.
8. The Beauty of it All (7a) ** magnificent face climbing on the upper wall. REBOLTED AND RECLEANED
9. Gunsel E3 6a ** a classic in the making. Fine face and shallow groove system. RECLEANED
10. After Midnight E3 5c * through overlap then unusual moves up faint groove. RECLEANED
11. Tier-Gas (7a+) ** hard moves off terrace then superb face. PHOTO REBOLTED AND RECLEANED
12. Its A Sin (7a+) * sustained climbing once the first BR of six is clipped. REBOLTED AND RECLEANED
13. Helter Skelter E2 6a obvious shallow groove system, hard off terrace, TR. NEW BELAY ADDED AND RECLEANED.
|Ban Y Gor|
|Ban Y Gor Access|
|Ban Y Gor Layout|
|Main Crag Layout|
|Nine Lives Sector|
|S Wales Limestone|
|S Wales Sandstone|
|Main Index Page|